Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Schrieners

As stated in a previous blog John and Brooke Schriener were married this past June.  John and Eric have been great friends which has given Brooke and I time to get to know each other as well.  For their engagement I made cookies after John's proposal at a surprise party for Brooke.  After a proposal at Dinosaur World only dinosaur cookies would be appropriate for an occasion like this.



I had the honor and privilege to make the wedding cake for John and Brooke's wedding.  Brooke was so easy to please for this which made it a great first wedding cake for me to do.  I was so honored to be a part of their special day in this way.  Once we watched them enjoy their wedding cake, it made the hard work so worth it for me.  


As for the groom's cake, this cake was a little different.  This couple is one that we could call a household divided, same as Eric and I.  John is huge UL fan and Brooke is a huge UK fan.  Therefore, a cake symbolizing their differences was chosen to be displayed.  Due to the large amount of left over cake they are freezing this cake and saving it for next years UK vs UL game!



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Jessica. Way to go!
    The cookies were a great idea, you're so smart, and talented!

    ReplyDelete