Thursday, July 21, 2011

Colorful and Fun

These cupcakes were very exciting for me to do because it was something that was out of the ordinary and a new challenge to take on.  Jill Brown and I went to youth group together but did not formally connect or meet until Eric began working with the Junior High students at church, where Jill volunteers.  Jill called me with a new challenge to create cupcakes that would be very colorful and each cupcake was to be different.  She gave me the freedom to play with them and her words were, "Just have fun with them".  Jill said to have fun and be colorful so the ending product was as such. 

Later that evening, after Jill picked up the cupcakes, I received the most wonderful voice mail from Jill's mother complementing my creativity in the cupcakes.  She was so sweet and encouraging to me and she was pleased with them.  After saving the voice mail so I could listen to it when I have a bad day I realized that this is why I want to decorate cakes and cupcakes for people.  They are so happy with something that seems so small to me.  I love doing this but it seems that the receiving end is more pleased that I am.  Making people smile and enjoy something that I did for them makes the hard work so worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment