Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hannah's 16th Birthday

My little sister Hannah turned 16 years old in May.  In celebration of this big day she wanted to have a karaoke party.  Hannah loves music and enjoys to rock out.  Only a guitar cake would be appropriate for a party such as this.  I wanted to make sure that I made the cake to her liking by only using colors that she loves and cake flavors that are her favorite.  One half of the cake is done in strawberry and vanilla flavors, the other half is completed with rice crispy treats. 

This cake was such a frustration to make because I wanted it to be perfect but the end product did turn out to be pretty good.  I had some wonderful help from my mom, mother in law and sister in law to finish this which was a wonderful treat.  We were able to enjoy company and learn how to create such a crazy cake! 

One of my favorite parts of this cake is the 16th notes that surround the cake.  All of the kids loved the look of the cake and I was so pleased that I could do something for Hannah on such a big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment